|Custom LSI Design Project|
This course provides you with experience of the practical design flow of the custom LSI. Your design will be fabricated in the semiconductor manufacturer and you will get a chip of your own design.
Available software for students
|Logic Simulation||Cadence Verilog-XL
|Logic Synthesis||Synopsys Design Compiler
|Place and Route||Synopsys IC Compiler
|Layout Editor||Cadence Virtuoso
|Circuit Simulator||Cadence Spectre
|Design Rule Check||Mentor Calibre
The students will work through an example of Lticka (Flicker circuit of LED) and learn the practical design flow and how to use CAD tools. Then, you can design your one-of-a-kind chip.
- Circuit Specifications
- HDL samples
- Design Environment
- Logic Synthesis
- Place and Route
- Full-Custom Circuit Design
- Full-Custom Layout Design
- Top Level Design
- Submission of requested data
The students has to hand in next assignments.
- Stream file (GDS-II format) of the circuit and micro-art
- Specification and block diagram of the circuit
- List of the IO-pins and electrical specification of each IO-pin
- Remote connection to the cad server (Windows)
- Remote connection to the cad server (Mac)
- EDA BOARD
Copyright (C) 2016- Akio Kitagawa, Kanazawa Univ.